ZALIN, Syria — The first conference of the Women’s Council in North and East Syria opened on Friday morning in Zalin (Qamishli). Around 200 members of the Women’s Council participated in the conference, which concluded with the passing of a number of resolutions, including:
- Organization of a conference to discuss the status of women in the occupied territories;
- Work to develop relations and agreements with women’s organizations and movements in Syria, the region, and the world;
- Organize workshops and seminars to empower women politically;
- Work to empower women economically by holding training workshops in coordination with internal and external stakeholders;
- Engage society in general and women in particular in the issue of demographic change.