ANKAWA, Iraq — As the Iraqi parliamentary elections draw closer, candidates are laying out their legislative priorities.
Sliwa has released a number of objectives should he win a seat in parliament:
- Change the curriculum to be suitable for a multi-religious and multi-national society.
- Demand the rights of young graduates and non-graduates in terms of job appointments to address the root problem of emigration.
- Change the Iraqi flag to include symbols of all Iraqi peoples.
- Establish Akitu Day as a national holiday in Iraq.
- Limit weapons to the state and stabilize the security situation in all of Iraq.
- Ensure the national, political, administrative, cultural, and educational rights of the Chaldean–Syriac–Assyrian people.
- Develop, rebuild, and provide services to villages, towns, and cities of Nineveh Plains.
- Advocate for the creation of Nineveh Plains Province under Constitutional Article 119.
- End the problem of demographic change in Chaldean–Syriac–Assyrian regions.
- Establish specialized institutes, colleges, research centers, and community institutions to develop the Syriac language.