NORTH AND EAST SYRIA — Political parties of North and East Syria, including the Syriac Union Party (SUP), issued a joint statement condemning any agreement between the Turkish government and Syrian regime amidst continued Turkish attacks on the region.
The statement, issued by 33 political parties, was read by SUP Co-Chair Sanharib Barsoum during a press conference in the presence of members of the media.
Barsoum mentioned the popular stances that reject any reconciliation between Syrian and Turkish governments at the expense of the Syrian people.
He explained that the political parties and forces that signed the statement strongly condemn any acceptance of Turkey’s agenda as it does not act in the interest of the Syrian people.
The parties demand the Syrian regime to respond to the demands of the Syrian people rather than make deals with external powers.
The statement also condemned the continuous Turkish attacks on the regions of North and East Syria and called on the U.S.-led International Coalition to stop the Turkish violations, which contribute to the reemergence of the Islamic State (ISIS).
Barsoum indicated that the people of the region stand behind the Democratic Autonomous Administration (DAA), whether it is engaged in dialogue with other democratic forces or the Syrian regime, and that the people support the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in confronting any danger that threatens the region.
“The Syrian regime should take a serious stance to expel the Turkish forces and stand in the face of Turkish aggression in coordination with the SDF,” Barsoum added.
The Lawyers Union of Raqqa also issued a statement in which it condemned the continued Turkish attacks on northern Syria that target infrastructure, civilians, and schools.
It stated that Turkey is committing war crimes against the Syrian people and that these violations must be documented and the perpetrators punished.
The following political parties and groups signed the joint statement:
- Syriac Union Party
- Assyrian Democratic Party
- Syria Future Party
- Democratic Union Party
- Green Democratic Party
- Kurdistan Democratic Peace Party
- Kurdistan Liberal Union
- Kurdistan Communist Party
- Kurdistan Democratic Party — Syria
- Syrian Kurdish Democratic Party
- Kurdish Left Party in Syria
- Kurdish Democratic Left Party in Syria
- Kurdistan National Assembly
- Kurdistan Democratic Change Party
- Kurdistan Renewal Movement
- Kurdistan Workers’ Union
- The Arab National Authority
- Modernity and Democracy Party for Syria
- Kurdistan Republican Party
- Syrian Kurdish Democratic Accord Party
- Islah Movement — Syria
- Kurdistan Fraternity Party
- Roj Kurdish Democratic Party in Syria
- Free Patriotic Union – Rojava
- Movement for a Democratic Society
- Kongra Star
- Conservative Party
- Democratic Struggle Party
- Kurdistan Future Movement
- Kurdistan Democratic Party — West Kurdistan
- National Coordination Body — Democratic Al-Tigber Movement
- Kurdish Democratic Party in Syria (Al-Party)
- Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti).